The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Social justice is absurd
in Politics

The rise of social justice in college campuses is absolutely absurd. 
Essentially, Social justice is the basic idea that justice should be based on groups such as Race, religion, gender and sexual orientation, Completely abandoning actual individual justice, in favor of reverse gender and race privileges. I don't want a white man wrongly convicted of a crime because of the complexion of his skin, or his gender. Isn't this what the civil rights movement fought to stop many years ago? Isn't this what the original feminist movement sought to stop? Yet these so called Social justice warriors are telling people that the color of their skin, or their gender decides the severity of their actions. This is absolutely absurd, and scouring through the vastness of the internet, there only seems to be one stupid argument in favor of social  justice.

1. These minority groups have been known too be born in unfair starting positions In life, therefore in  deciding justice, we should focus on minority groups instead of actual individual justice.

this is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. I cannot even begin to explain how bad this is. Life is not fair, that is an unchangeable premise of life. Everyone starts in different positions, but that doesn't mean you get to chop down those who are lucky. 
Life is mostly about decisions, not environment. The decisions you make decide your level of success. Not your skin color, race or gender. This is not the 1930's, this is 2017, where equality of opportunity is almost absolute. I don't mean literal equality of opportunity, that is impossible,  i mean personal equality of opportunity, the idea that if you have the drive and the guts to do something, race, gender and religion will not get in your way.

Social justice leads to a corrupt justice system not based on actions, but on race, gender and sexual orientation. It also perverts our young into sensitive, egg shell headed snowflakes who cannot engage in any kind of debate, or even simple conversation. We must instill in our young a sense of righteousness, drive and the guts to pursue their dreams. Not the lazy everybody is a winner attitude that leads them into social justice and blaming things instead of taking things into their own hands. I rest my case and i invite any angry SJW's that would like to oppose 

Max_Air29SilverishGoldNovanatbaronsjoecavalrynorthsouthkorearandal
  1. Live Poll

Who do you agree with?

15 votes
    1. proposition (me)
      60.00%
    2. opposition
      40.00%

Could not connect: User i2483808_vf2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections